The Little Scholars Kindergarten learning program aims to specifically enrich children’s learning in the Kindergarten Year. In Queensland, the Kindergarten Year is the year before the Preparatory Year of schooling. Throughout the Kindergarten Year, children’s right to experience the joy of childhood is fundamental and learning is promoted through play, and emergent and planned learning experiences and interactions.
Our Kindergarten early childhood education program will help prepare your child for Prep.
Our Kindergarten program complies and exceeds the National standards including the quality rating system and is approved by the Queensland Government. Our Teachers create a quality kindergarten program when they draw together advice in the guideline with their professional knowledge and understanding about children’s interests, ideas and intentions, and parent, family and community priorities and contexts.
You may be eligible support to reduce out of pocket expenses or rebates and financial assistance, such as QKFS Plus Kindy Support, to help cover the cost of fees. Please ask our Centre Manager for more information on how to help you calculate this.
At kindergarten your child will:
- take part in play-based learning
- expand their physical abilities
- build their confidence
- enhance their social skills.
Facts about kindergarten services
- For children who are at least 4 years of age by 31 July in the year they participate (see kindy age requirements)
- Taught by tertiary qualified early childhood teachers
- Our Services comply with a range of legislative requirements including physical environment requirements (space, facilities and equipment) and staffing requirements including minimum educator-to-child ratios.
- We offer a Long Day program and include all Meals and extracurricular programs such as Chinese Lessons, Yoga, Sports and PE Class by a qualified personal trainer and fortnightly cooking school.
What will my child learn?
Our Little Scholars approved kindergarten program will develop your child's physical, social, intellectual, language and emotional abilities.
They will have opportunities to learn how to:
- use language to communicate ideas, feelings and needs
- make friends and cooperate with other children
- become more independent and confident in their abilities
- develop self-discipline
- creatively express ideas and feelings through art, dance and dramatic play
- identify, explore and solve problems
- use IT such as iPad, interactive whiteboard and computers in various stages of learning
- develop reading, writing and numeracy skills.
Your child will take part in individual and group activities such as block play, painting, games, puzzles, storytelling, dress-ups, dancing and singing.
Children can take part in outdoor physical activities and interact with the natural environment.
How will I keep up to date on my child's progress?
At the end of the kindergarten year with Little Scholars you will get a summary of your child's learning and development. You can use this as a discussion starter when you meet your child's Prep teacher or school administrator.
During the kindergarten year, our Teachers will share information in many ways about how your child is progressing.
- chat informally with you at drop-off and pick-up times
- have communication books with photos and information about your child's interests
- use photos to show the learning activities in which your child is participating
- Invite you to formal discussions about your child during the year.
Throughout the year our Kindergarten teachers meet with local schools, arrange tours and excursions to your chosen school and also provide transition statements to ensure that your children are more than prepared for their schooling years.
Every Little Scholar in Kindergarten also receives a “Class of 2016” Polo Shirt and Hat as part of their enrolment.
For more information about Little Scholar’s Kindergarten program and how your child will develop with this excellent learning opportunity give us a call.
Little Scholars Yatala – P: 3287 4466 or E: Yatala@mylittlescholars.com.au
Little Scholars Stapylton – P: 3804 7831 or E: Stapylton@mylittlescholars.com.au